Greetings School Choice Advocate,
We have good news to share! A school choice bill has been introduced in the State Legislature that will allow Iowa parents the opportunity to choose the best education options for their children. The bill, HSB 651: The Iowa Student Opportunity Act, calls for the establishment of a statewide Education Savings Account (ESA) program and allows for the expansion of the state charter school system.
The entire bill can be found here HSB651 – Iowa Student Opportunities Act
Now is the time to urge your legislators to support The Iowa Student Opportunity Act!
HSB 651: The Iowa Student Opportunity Act
- Creates opportunities for Iowa students across the state despite their address or income.
- Provides Education Savings grants to kindergarteners and students who have attended a public school for the previous two semesters.
- Continues to provide Education Savings Grants to pupils who received a grant during the preceding school budget year and are eligible to enroll in grade 1-12
- Covers approved education expenses such as private school tuition, textbooks, tutoring, online learning, and even certain kinds of therapies to meet each student’s unique needs.
- Encourages parents to become more engaged, involved, and invested in their child’s education, which generally increases student achievement.
This bill is an effective way to begin an Education Savings Grant program in tight budgetary times – a program that will give many more families choice now, and will grow over time.
Please contact your local representative and ask them to support HSB 651: The Iowa Student Opportunity Act.
Another great way to help build support for school choice legislation in our state is by sharing your support on social media, including Facebook and Twitter. Please consider sharing your personal story and other reasons why you support school choice for Iowans using #SupportSchoolChoiceIA.
Thank you for your time and effort,
Iowa Advocates for Choice in Education
Click the link below to log in and send your message: