Preschool focuses on the social, emotional and faith formation of your child. Our classroom is center based where students freely move from areas such as math, writing, art, reading, kitchen, sensory, blocks, science and music. Each day we spend time working in whole group and small group activities focusing on math, literacy, science and social skills.
This month we are learning about construction and building. We are reading books about building things and dressing up as construction workers in our block area. In literacy we are learning about the letters Ss, Dd, Pp. In math we are learning about 3 dimensional shapes and sorting objects by color, size, and kind.
Lent is our focus in Religion this month. We will be filing in our Lenten calendar each day and saying an Our Father to prepare for Easter.
- Wednesday Days Off
- Click Here for the birthday treat reminder- Please do not bring treats that are processed in a tree nut factory or contain peanut butter. We will be unable to serve these treats if they are brought to school.
- Click Here for Preschool Calendar
- Click here for the preschool handbook
- If you’re interested in more early childhood information please check out my website at monicamorrisonpreschool.weebly.com
- Click Here for PACT Time dates
The preschool pictures are for CKS and community only. Please do not post these pictures to any social network site.
Christmas break begins on Wednesday, December 21st. We will resume classes on Wednesday, January 4th.
If you would like to order books online through scholastic Mrs. Morrison’s book code is LBMXC.
Mrs. Dorpinghaus is NBLZM
The following is a list of things that we are working on at school that you can work on with your preschooler at home.
- Discussing how we feel
- Letter recognition
- Letter sounds
- Number recognition
- Counting to 20
- Scissors and glue
- Sets of objects
- Following a two step direction